Brief assessment regarding: the organization, conduct and results of the training
• the development of educators' skills, necessary for the effective performance of certain tasks, in the process of personal and professional development
• the use of innovative didactic strategies for integrating the modern digital tools in STEAM activities
• creating scientific learning scenarios (ILS) for classroom application
This course promotes the acquisition of skills in the STEAM field and offers the opportunity to conduct scientific experiments in virtual space, to group collaborative and learning activities to implement modern teaching and assessment methodologies, focusing on the trained individual.
The Go-Lab platform is a source of free educational resources for various subjects, which can be used in the classroom.
Graasp is a platform for editing lesson plans with interactive content and a flexible structure where information is organized hierarchically.
One of the advantages of the Graasp platform (https://graasp.eu) is that from the personal account there is a link button to Google classroom where you can send the address of the lesson to the students' classes in order to go through the attached information.
The course is designed as a useful tool, available to everyone who wants to create scientific lesson plans, and educators must mobilize all their intellectual resources so that the final product meets their current needs.
The proposed course will take place through:
- synchronous and asynchronous participation on the Google meet and Graasp platform http://graasp.eu , where the participants will work directly to achieve the tasks corresponding to the four proposed modules.
- individual study of the proposed materials - tutorials uploaded on the platform
- online discussions and seminars
- interactive exercises.
This platform has:
- possibility to edit documents,
- application configuration,
- Chat channel for communication with participants and between participants,
- possibility of inviting members (teachers, students) to an activity or lesson,
- Distributing the created activity or lesson to the learners.
This course aims to train all participants in the use of interactive means and methods in class by integrating the tools offered by the Go-Lab and Graasp platforms, in the created lesson plans and sharing them with classmates, with colleagues from the school and from another schools .
-- The final evaluation will consist of:
- Posting the address of the lesson plan adapted to the class level, on the Padlet course page
- evaluation by each participant of two lesson plans directly from the Padlet page by filling in a form
- Participant testimonials on the www.padlet.com platform, for each of the modules.
- Application of a feedback form at the end of the course - Google form/ EducaPlay
- Resources Go - Lab
• Examples of practical applications and laboratories based on STEAM education identified on the Go-Lab platform (Learning through discovery)
IceBreaking - How does it differ from other platforms?
- Description, presentation and example of applications and virtual laboratories
Ways of curricular integration of applications and virtual laboratories in the lesson plan
-STEAM sample activities that can be introduced in a lesson plan and that focus on real-world issues.
Examples - team activity of 4 educators – Jamboard
- Basic technical aspects, overview of the Graasp editing platform, Communication and collaboration in the virtual space - Creating an account and allocating a space for a STEAM activity,
- Creating and uploading some materials (documents, multimedia presentations, documentary films, web addresses), in the plan of the proposed activity, Sharing with the colleagues
- STEAM activity plan - the allocation of two phases, the addition and configuration of applications and laboratories in the activity plan (conceptual map, hypotheses, puzzle, short quizis)
- Adaptation of a lesson plan copied from the Go-Lab platform in the personal Graasp account (see the tutorial posted on the course page) corresponding to the discipline taught or interdisciplinary, the integration of the STEM activity in the lesson plan
- The stage of transfer and practical application in the classroom
Invite the colleagues at the lesson plan and solving two of the tasks.
Viewing and testing in “ Show Standalone view-
- Peer to peer - Feedback at the end of the course - What did I learn? How do I make use of the accumulated knowledge? Recommendations for future training activities. Google form/ EducaPlay.